Mr. Stein is an experienced trial attorney who has successfully litigated numerous trials and arbitrations to verdict for his clients. He represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation matters, including cases involving the California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”), eminent domain, probate, construction, and general business/commercial litigation, such as breach of contract, fraud, and claims under California’s Unfair Competition Law. Mr. Stein represents clients in both civil prosecution and defense cases.
Clients who find themselves involved in lawsuits need a trial lawyer who has the right combination of grit, determination, experience, and confidence that comes from having actually tried cases through verdict. In today’s world, finding a lawyer who has significant civil trial experience can be challenging.
Since starting his practice in 2008, Mr. Stein has dedicated his career to mastering his litigation skills necessary to become a top trial lawyer. Starting out on his own in the San Francisco Bay area, Mr. Stein knew that the only way to develop those skills was to work with and learn from the best trial attorneys he could and to position himself in a way that would allow him to try as many cases as possible.
Mr. Stein was recruited to Fresno in 2009 and worked for the highly regarded plaintiff’s personal injury law firm of Baradat & Paboojian, Inc. There he was able to try a number of personal injury cases to verdict. Mr. Stein then worked for the law firm of Perkins, Mann & Everett, Inc., where he expanded his litigation practice to include more business and environmental matters.
Since coming to Baker, Manock & Jensen, PC., in 2017, Mr. Stein has drawn upon his years of trial experience to assist the firm’s clients through difficult litigation cases and proven himself as a valuable member of the litigation team, becoming a shareholder within just two years of joining the firm. Mr. Stein appreciates the challenges and financial costs associated with litigation and counsels his clients on cost effective solutions and insights necessary for his clients to make informed choices that are required for the particular needs of their cases.
- Vermont Law School (J.D., 2004) – Moot Court Advisory Board Member 2003-2004 – Selected member of VLS’s Pace Environmental Moot Court Team 2003-2004
- Vermont Law School (M.S.E.L., 2001)
- Catawba College (B.A. Political Science, 1999)
- California Bar Association
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
Organizations & Memberships
- Environmental Law Section of the California Bar Association
- Fresno County Bar Association-Member of Real Property and Trust and Estates Sections
- Fresno Philharmonic Orchestra-Member of the Board of Directors