Mark Poochigian practices primarily in the areas of estate planning and administration, including sophisticated wealth transfer tax planning and litigation involving trusts and estates.
Mark Poochigian practices in all aspects of estate planning, post-death trust and estate administration, charitable planning, wealth transfer tax (estate, gift and generation-skipping) planning, income tax planning, and family business planning. In addition to having assisted hundreds of clients with establishing basic estate plans, Mr. Poochigian is also experienced in the development of comprehensive estate plans for many high net worth clients, which include the formation and restructuring of limited liability entities, intra-family sales, and buy-sell agreements.
Mr. Poochigian represents trustees and executors in trust and probate administration, as well as fiduciaries and beneficiaries in trust and estates disputes and litigation. In conjunction with his trusts and estates practice, Mr. Poochigian is also experienced in handling general business matters and real estate transactions.
Mr. Poochigian serves as a member of the Executive Committee of the Trusts and Estates Section of the California Lawyers Association (formerly of the State Bar of California), where he has served as Chair (2019-2020). He has previously served as the Chair of the Trust and Estate Administration Committee (2015-2018), playing a role in the development of California statutory law affecting trusts and estates. He is a former Editor-in-Chief of the California Trusts and Estates Quarterly (2014-2015). He is a frequent speaker on topics of interest to trust and estates attorneys.
Mr. Poochigian is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), and is certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. He has received an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Poochigian is active in his community, and has served as a member of the Board of Directors of Hinds Hospice (2012-2018) and on the planned giving advisory committee of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Fresno County.
- Representation of many families in establishing basic estate plans involving revocable trusts, wills, durable powers of attorney and advance health care directives.
- Development and implementation of comprehensive estate and business succession plans for many high net-worth families, which include the formation and restructuring of limited liability entities, creation of irrevocable trusts, and intra-family sales.
- Counseled business owners in estate and tax planning, including gift planning relating to the establishment of irrevocable trusts for appreciating assets.
- Assisted many executors and trustees in post-death estate and trust administration matters.
- Representation of several professional fiduciaries and bank trust departments in estate and trust administration matters, including estate tax compliance matters.
- Life insurance planning, including the creation of irrevocable life insurance trusts.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D. (2003)
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. (2000)
- State Bar of California (2003)